Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
- Back Bocca Baciata For Irish 1000 Guineas Glory At The Curragh
- Great Scott The Grey Gatsby Tipped To Chalk Up Another Group 1 Success
- Haydock Park dominates Scoop 6 with Temple Stakes the star act
- Gleneagles a hot favourite to bag Irish 2000 Guineas at the Curragh
- Mutasayyid The One To Follow In Exciting Silver Bowl Betting Market
- Goldream tipped to land Temple Stakes glory at Haydock Park
- Massive Scoop6 Pot On Offer This Weekend
- Night Of Thunder favourite to strike in Lockinge Stakes at Newbury