Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
|The New One||5|
|My Tent Or Yours||6|
|Un De Sceaux||10|
- Irish St Leger Odds Leading Light can shine in the Curragh Classic
- 2014 Ladbrokes St Leger Preview Kingston Hill favourite for Doncaster Classic
- Estidhkaar set to go off favourite for the Group Two Champagne Stakes
- Aljamaaheer Taken to Add Park Stakes To C V On Leger Day
- Rizeena can get the better of Tapestry again in the Matron Stakes at Leopardstown
- Australia to romp to Irish Champion Stakes glory at Leopardstown
- Muraaqaba heads the betting for the May Hill Stakes at the St Leger Meeting
- Beacon tipped to shine brightest in the Flying Childers Stakes at Doncaster