Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
- Rocky Creek the tentative tip in woeful renewal of Denman Chase
- Lightly Raced Kalkir Looks A Big Each Way Price In Betfair Hurdle Betting
- Shock results shake up the Cheltenham markets
- Expect Native River To Pour On The Pressure In Towton Novices Chase Betting
- Irish Gold Cup Odds Riches The One To Beat At Leopardstown
- Smad cements Place in Gold Cup picture after sparkling Cheltenham win
- Only Fools Would Ignore Who Dares Wins In Finesse Juvenile Hurdle Market
- Djakadam a hot favourite for BetBright Trial Chase at Cheltenham