Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
- Many Clouds a lively outsider for wide open Grand National
- Support Continues For Grand National Favourite Shutthefrontdoor As Aintree Approaches
- Gabrials Kaka tipped for glory in the Lincoln Handicap at Doncaster
- Start Of Flat Season Dominates Predicted 1m Scoop6
- California Chrome To Start Favourite In Exciting Dubai World Cup Odds
- Shutthefrontdoor heads the Grand National betting after 13 defect from Aintree showpiece
- Saturdays Scoop 6 Preview Pepite Rose to storm to victory at Newbury
- The Druids Nephew slashed for Grand National after Cheltenham win