Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
- Minding set to ease to Irish 1000 Guineas glory at Curragh
- Irish 2000 Guineas Gold Medal Should Go To In Form Galileo
- Time Test to down Found in Tattersalls Gold Cup at Curragh
- Punters Praying For Devine Meccas Angel Performance in Temple Stakes
- Kodi Bear can roar to Lockinge Stakes victory at Newbury
- Flying Officer can storm to Yorkshire Cup success for Gosden
- Koora tipped to land Middleton Stakes success for Cumani
- Wings Of Desire Can Fly In Dante Stakes On The Knavesmire