Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
|The New One||5/2|
|Sign Of A Victory||20|
|Rock On Ruby||33|
- Reve De Sivola bids for a Long Walk Hurdle hat trick but Zarkandar starts favourite
- Activial heads the betting for The Ladbroke in wide open renewal
- Noel Novices Chase Odds Josses Hill is a marginal favourite on his chase debut
- Kennel Gate Novices Hurdle Odds Emerging Talent Can Win Supreme Novices Trial
- The New One trimmed for the Champion Hurdle following International success at Cheltenham
- The New One Primed For Successive International Hurdle Wins
- 2014 Caspian Caviar Gold Cup Odds Caid Du Berlais Heads Betting For Cheltenham Double
- Hadrians Approach Taken To Defy Top Weight On Day One Of Cheltenhams International Meeting