Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
|The New One||7/2|
|Un De Sceaux||14|
|Rock On Ruby||33|
- Son Du Berlais to outclass Persian War Novices Hurdle rivals at Chepstow
- Uxizandre Sets The Standard In Exciting Looking Old Roan Chase Market
- Not So Sleepy to land Horris Hill success at Newbury for Morrison
- Red Galileo Can Shoot for the Stars in Competitive Looking St Simon Stakes
- 2014 Racing Post Trophy Preview Jacobean to bag Doncaster prize
- Leading Light to shine in Long Distance Cup on British Champions Day
- Cirrus Des Aigles Short Odds To Pick Up Second Champion Stakes at Ascot
- Queen Elizabeth II Stakes Betting Integral Tipped To Win Third Group 1