Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
- 200k Up For Grabs In Saturdays Scoop6 Bonus Race
- Golden Horn can Eclipse rivals in Sandown Park showpiece
- Stars Can Storm Into An Irish Derby Place At The Curragh On Saturday Evening
- Markaz to storm to Criterion Stakes glory at Newmarket
- Mattmu Looks The Each Way Bet In Chipchase Stakes Betting Market
- Oasis looks a Fantasy bet in wide open Northumberland Plate
- Popular Commonwealth Cup A Big Hit At Royal Ascot
- Scoop 6 is dominated by final day of Royal Ascot