Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
- AP McCoy can round off Scoop 6 with Box Office ride at Sandown
- Le Reve heads betting for wide open bet365 Gold Cup at Sandown
- AP McCoy aims for Sandown Park Celebration on board Mr Mole
- Cape Clear Island Looks The Bet In Tight Bet365 Classic Trial Market
- Shifting can Power to bet365 Mile success for Hannon
- Cannock Chase tipped to sparkle in Gordon Richards Stakes at Sandown
- AP McCoy Top 10 Moments We look at some of his career highs
- Quality action from Newbury and Ayr feature in tough Scoop 6 test