Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
- Willie Mullins boasts a strong hand in his quest for a ninth Champion Bumper winner
- Dell Arca backed to enhance David Pipes fine record in the Coral Cup at Cheltenham
- Red Sherlock can get the better of Faugheen in the Neptune Novices Hurdle
- Quevega Odds On For Record Breaking Sixth Straight Mares Hurdle Win
- Jonjo ONeill Trained Due Dominate Betting For Festival Handicap Chase
- Ericht can make it back to back wins for Henderson in the Rewards4Racing Novices Chase
- Amateur Riders Novice Chase Odds Shutthefrontdoor and Foxrock head the betting
- Vautour Tipped To Get Mullins Off To A Festival Flyer In Supreme Novices Hurdle