Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
- Smad Place Slashed For Gold Cup After Putting Hennessy Rivals To Sword
- Arctic Fire Should Be On A Different Level In Hattons Grace Hurdle
- Long Dog to edge past stablemate Bachasson in Royal Bond Novice Hurdle
- Outlander tipped to land Drinmore Novice Chase win at Fairyhouse
- Identity Thief Can Steal A Place In Fighting Fifth Hurdle Betting
- Whisper to down Cole Harden in Long Distance Hurdle at Newbury
- Well Handicapped Fingal Bay Can Run A Big Race In Hennessy Gold Cup
- Cue Card Set For Crack At 1m Bonus After Fine Betfair Chase Win