Champion Hurdle 2006 Result
The winner of the 2006 Champion Hurdle was the battling Brave Inca ridden by Champion jockey, Tony McCoy. It was huge performance in a great race and made up for Brave Inca’s third place in 2005. McCoy admitted after the race that Conor O’Dwyer was travelling really well on Hardy Eustace and he made the decision to battle it out rather than come from behind. It was a battle royal indeed with Mac’s Joy also joining in for a three horse tussle. As they came up the infamous Cheltenham hill it could have been anyone’s race, but Brave Inca proved the strongest on the day and with McCoy in superlative form he was unpassable. Mac’s Joy battled hard for second while the twice winner and great Champion, Hardy Eustace was a game third.
- 1. Brave Inca - 7/4 fav
- 2. Mac’s Joy – 13/2.
- 3. Hardy Eustace – 11/2
- Us Army Ranger to enhance Derby claims with Chester Vase win
- Classy Western Hymn Can Sing Field To Sleep In Huxley Stakes
- Silver Concorde Taken To Land Chester Cup
- Jazzi Top to hand Gosden Dahlia Stakes win at Newmarket
- Top Class Jack Hobbs Should Be Too Good for Jockey Club Stakes Field
- Minding can storm to 1000 Guineas glory at Newmarket
- Aeolus tipped for Palace House success on huge day for Walker
- Galileo Could Be A Gold Standard Classic Bet For 2000 Guineas